I always wondered what secrets Network Marketing experts hold back. What they do differently that makes them so successful. Here is a partial list:
1. There is nothing you do not know except for how hard and or smart you need to work
It is all a numbers game and it looks something like this:
a. For every 1,000 people you contact, 10 may show an interest
b. For every 1,000 interested people, 10 may sign up
c. For every 1,000 signups, 100 – 200 will stay active
d. For every 1,000 active, 30 or so will be superstars
So it takes a lot of talking to people to get to a superstar. You can improve your numbers by advertising or educating prospects online.
2. Your best distributors will be close to you. If you know what you are doing, having a friend learn from you tends to produce a very good distributor.
3. Great remote distributors will call a lot and have good questions.
4. People will sign up, spend a lot, then quit. Unfortunately these people are looking for a get rich quick scheme.
5. People sign up when they are ready, not when you are. Keep things light and positive and you will get good results in time.
6. You may have a great distributor already in your downline. He just might wake up in 20 years.
7. Quitting is the only way to fail.
8. You have to be successful in order to become successful. How does this work? Depending on how you find prospects, you will have to be professional, dress well, be well groomed, speak well, understand your products and business, and have confidence. This is not about lying to the prospect.
9. You cannot tell a prospect what you make, good or bad. Your results are not typical. I would also make sure to set reasonable expectations. For instance, telling people it is easy is probably not a good idea. Telling people it is hard work but very straight forward might be better.
10. Be different. If doing the same thing as others works for you, feel free. If it does not, it might be a good idea to try something different, often. Keep trying different things until you find something that works. This is especially true in sales. Selling the same way as others probably does not work. In recruiting, we just try to reach a different audience from everyone else.
All you really have to do to be successful in Network Marketing is to create a process for recruiting and training distributors. Keep working your plan and you will do great.